Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. We Asked 8,500 Internet Commenters Why They Do What They Do (Christie Aschwanden / FiveThirtyEight)
2. If Trump Tweets It, Is It News? A Quandary for the News Media (Michael M. Grynbaum and Sydney Ember / New York Times)
3. Facebook Shouldn’t Fact-Check (Jessica Lessin / New York Times)
4. ‘A Classic Commons Problem’: Publishers are Going Notifications Crazy (Max Willens / Digiday)
5. The Guardian Has Moved to HTTPS (Mariot Chauvinand Huma Islam / The Guardian)
6. Three Projects Will Help Better Inform the Public Through Technology Innovation with $540,000 from Knight Foundation (Knight Foundation)