Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Snapchat Releases Snap Publisher: Self-Serve Ad Creation Tool Converts Horizontal Videos, Websites into Vertical Video Ads (Tim Peterson / Marketing Land)
2. Publishers Forge Ahead With VR, Even if Users and Advertisers Lag Behind (Lucia Moses / Digiday)
3. Never Mind Fake News. I’m Tired of Fake Math (Simon Dumenco / AdAge)
4. Politico Now has 20,000 Paid Subscribers That Account for Half of its Revenue (Max Willens / Digiday)
5. With Help From Local Papers, USA Today is Boosting the Ambition and Publishing Speed of its VR Projects (Ricardo Bilton / Nieman Lab)
6. PA Editor Pete Clifton on Google-Funded Automated News Project: ‘It’s not About Replacing Reporters with Robots’ (Freddy Mayhew / Press Gazette)
Get the Daily Must Reads in Your Inbox!