Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Lenfest Institute Will Offer $1 Million This Year to Fund Entrepreneurial Projects That Sustain Journalism (Rick Edmonds / Poynter)
2. ‘It’s Going to Be a Slow Burn’: Publishers are Starting to See Money From Facebook’s Mid-Roll Ads (Sahil Patel / Digiday)
3. Apple Debuts High Sierra, Which Includes Auto-Play Blocking for Video Advertisements (Chance Miller / 9to5mac.com)
4. Cheddar, The “Post-Cable Network,” Is Coming To Cable TV (Alex Kantrowitz / BuzzFeed)
5. Vice UK and The Telegraph Join Snapchat Discover Ahead of UK Election (Lucinda Southern / Digiday)
6. This Penny-Pinching Digital Media Company is on Track to Bring in $40 Million This Year (Benjamin Mullin / Poynter)
Get the Daily Must Reads in Your Inbox!