Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. It’s Time to Retire the Tainted Term ‘Fake News’ (Margaret Sullivan / Washington Post)
2. How to Destroy the Business Model of Breitbart (Pagan Kennedy / New York Times)
3. Russian Hackers Find Ready Bullhorns in the Media (Max Fischer / New York Times)
4. Why Some Publishers Are Sticking with Medium, For Now (Benjamin Mullin / Poynter)
5. ‘The Model Can Really Work Well’: The Case for Ad-Driven Media (Ross Benes / Digiday)
6. Under its New CEO, New York Magazine is Branching Out Into More “Voice-y News Products” (Laura Hazard Owen / Nieman Lab)