Title: Social Media for Crowdfunding
Instructor: Julie Keck, Media & Communications Director, Seed&Spark
Find out how to use social media to meet your crowdfunding goals
Social media gets a bad rep for being a solipsistic medium (and crowdfunding for being, you know, beggy), but I have to let you in on a little secret: it’s just about relationships and good business. In this session, learn why social media skills are essential to a successful crowdfunding campaign, how to be a responsible social media citizen, how to plan your social media for an effective campaign, and how to run a campaign that helps you build your audience, raise money, and continue doing what you love the most.
What you’ll learn from this training:
- Why social media is important for crowdfunding
- How to prepare your social media audience for your crowdfunding campaign
- How to crowdfunding on social media without out turning it into the ‘me’ show
- How to use your social media accounts after your campaign to continue the life of your project
- Social Media Charm School (Link)
Who should take this training:
- Those curious about crowdfunding
- Those interested in ramping up their social media presence prior to a crowdfunding campaign
- Those interested in using social media as an entrepreneur
Date and Time: Nov. 2nd, 2016 at 1:00 pm ET / 10:00 am PT
Note: If you can’t attend the live session, you can still register and see the archived video and ask questions of the instructor. Free registration for BigMarker is required.
About the Instructor:
Julie Keck is the Media & Communications Director for Seed&Spark, a crowdfunding platform for filmmakers. Since 2010, crowdfunding campaigns she’s run or consulted on have raised over $300k. Julie is the co-author of Social Media Charm School, free on Seed&Spark, and currently speaks about crowdfunding across the country on Seed&Spark’s #StayIndieTour. Play with Julie on Twitter (@kingisafink); she’ll play back.