Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Lester Holt, Given a Choice Assignment, Opted for Restraint (Michael M. Grynbaum / New York Times)
2. Business Insider Testing a Reader Paywall, and an Ad-Blocking Response (Jeremy Barr / AdAge)
4. Crowdfunding the News: Contributions Still Meager Overall, But Benefits Come from Crowds and Funding (Gabe Bullard / Nieman Reports)
5. Jose Antonio Vargas is Relaunching #EmergingUS on Medium (Benjamin Mullin / Poynter)
6. Facebook is Being Taken Somewhere It Never Wanted to Go (Emily Bell / CJR)