Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Univision is Buying Gawker Media for $135 Million (Peter Kafka / Recode)
2. The Media vs. Donald Trump: Why the Press Feels So Free to Criticize the Republican Nominee (Ezra Klein / Vox)
3. Roger Ailes Is Advising Donald Trump Ahead of Presidential Debates (Maggie Haberman and Ashley Parker / New York Times)
4. Is Hillary Clinton’s Podcast Propaganda Or A Milestone for Political Podcast Advertising? (Nicholas Quah / Nieman Lab)
5. Facebook Traffic to U.S. News Sites Has Fallen by Double Digits, Report Says (Mathew Ingram / Fortune)
6. Google Says It Wants to Help Publishers Fight Facebook (Mathew Ingram / Fortune)