Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Op-Ed: The Online Privacy Debate Won’t End With Gawker (Peter Thiel / New York Times)
2. The Olympics Without Animated GIFs Means We All Lose (Matt Haughey / Medium)
3. The Wall Street Journal is Changing Up Its Paywall, Offering Guest Passes and Expanded Link-Sharing On Social (Shan Wang / Nieman Lab)
4. The Huffington Post’s Midlife Crisis (Lucia Moses / Digiday)
5. It’s Time to Fact-Check All the News (Bill Adair / Poynter)
6. A Tech Mogul’s Fight to Keep Control of a Newspaper Empire (Leslie Picker and Sydney Ember / New York Times)