Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. The Washington Post is Launching a Crowdsourced Black History Project on Tumblr (Kristen Hare / Poynter)
2. With California Today, The New York Times is Testing Expanding its Newsletter Strategy Cross-country (Ricardo Bilton / Nieman Lab)
3. New York Times Braces for Big Change (Joe Pompeo / Politico)
4. What the BBC Has Learned From its Virtual Reality Efforts (Lucinda Southern / Digiday)
5. Amazon Kindle Learns to Navigate Literary Thickets (Nick WIngfield / New York Times)
6. The New Yorker, BuzzFeed, and the Push for Digital Credibility (Danny Funt, Chava Gourarie, and Jack Murtha / CJR)