Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. In Gawker’s Legal Battles, a Focus on Defamation (Katie Rogers and Danielle Ivory / The New York Times)
2. Economist Editor: ‘We Don’t Want To Be The Grandpa At The Disco’ (Mark Sweney / The Guardian)
3. Food Has Eaten the Internet and It Tastes Like a Vampire Taco (Julia Greenberg / Wired)
4. My Adventures in Going Viral (Jake Flores / The New York Times)
5. As Facebook Focuses on Video, Engagement for Top Publishers Declines (Mathew Ingram / Fortune)
6. What Does It Take To Be A “Full-Service” Digital Journalism Organization? Ask Discourse Media (Shan Wang / Nieman Lab)