Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Digiday Shows There Is Money in Media if You Stay Focused (Mathew Ingram / Fortune)
2. Times Rebrands R&D Studio, Promotes VR Video at NewFront (Peter Sterne / Politico Media)
3. The Best Ways to Build Audience and Relevance By Listening To and Engaging Your Community (Mónica Guzmán / American Press Institute)
4. The Secret Culprit in the Theranos Mess: The Tech Press (Nick Bilton / Vanity Fair)
5. New York Times Co. Reports Loss as Its Digital Subscriber Base Grows ( Sydney Ember / New York Times)
6. When Newsrooms Don’t Own Their Data, Other Companies Profit (Melody Kramer / Poynter)
7. With NewFronts, Digital Publishers Buy Expensive Lottery Tickets (Sahil Patel / Digiday)