Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. Why Gannett is Likely to Win Its Takeover Bid for Tribune Publishing (Rick Edmonds / Poynter)
2. Your Media Business Will Not Be Saved (Joshua Topolsky / Medium)
3. ‘Absolutely Petrified’: Publishing in Facebook’s Era of Empire (Lucia Moses / Digiday)
4. The Center for Investigative Reporting Bets It Can Change Audio Journalism—and Itself (David Uberti / Columbia Journalism Review)
5. U.S. JSK Journalism Fellows named for 2016-17 (John S. Knight Journalism Fellowships at Stanford)