Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. How 9 News Organizations are Reporting Election Results Live On the Web (Joseph Lichterman, Laura Hazard Owen, and Shan Wang / Nieman Lab)
2. Silvia Killingsworth Joins The Awl as Editor-in-Chief, Will Relaunch Hairpin (The Awl)
3. AT&T and DirecTV to Launch Streaming TV Service Later This Year (Dan Seifert / The Verge)
4. Guardian Editor Katharine Viner Says Plan Is To ‘Get Readers Paying For It,’ But Rules Out Online Paywall (Dominic Ponsford / Press Gazette)
5. Is Verizon Buying Yahoo? A Resounding … Maybe. (Ina Fried / Re/code)
6. “I Have No Idea”: FBI Director at the Apple Judiciary Hearing (Alice Truong / Quartz)