1. The Chicago Podcast Cooperative wants to let independent audio thrive in the Windy City (Justin Ellis / Nieman Lab)
2. Can I use that? A legal primer for journalists (Jonathan Peters / Columbia Journalism Review)
3. The Atlantic sets audience record in September, continues unprecedented revenue growth (via The Atlantic)
4. The Washington Post’s Arc platform powers Willamette Week site (via The Washington Post)
5. Amazon to ban sale of Apple, Google video-streaming devices (Spencer Soper / Bloomberg Business)
6. What it’s like to report on mass shootings routinely (Polly Mosendz / Medium)
Our Daily Must Reads newsletter comes out every Monday through Friday morning.
Have it delivered straight to your inbox by subscribing on this page!