1. Why Yahoo Wrote Down $42 million for ‘Community’ (Erin Griffith / Fortune)
2. ESPN to Lay Off About 300 Employees (Shalini Ramachandran / Wall Street Journal)
3. Vice Blacks Out All Its Homepages and Social Media to Call for the Release of Journalist Mohammed Rasool (Laura Hazard Owen / Nieman Lab)
4. Gawker Names John Cook Executive Editor (Peter Sterne / Politico)
5. Slightly Fewer Americans Are Reading Print Books, New Survey Finds (Lee Rainie and Andrew Perrin / Pew Research Center)
6. When News Organizations Publish Stuff Accidentally (Erik Wemple / Washington Post)
Our Must Reads come our every Monday through Friday.
Have them delivered straight to your email inbox by subscribing on this page.