Center for Locative Media has launched its beta site. Leslie Rule, co-director of the Center quipped, “I’ve birthed babies and that was less painful than launching this site. OK, not really, but almost.” The mission of the Center is to engender civic engagement, develop shared community goals, and develop new models of democratic participation using place-based narrative and emerging technologies. At the site, you’ll be able to review completed projects, watch on-going projects evolve, stay on top of new gadgets, delve into the theory of place-based media, and investigate mobile learning. We are always looking for content, so if you have something to say on the importance of story, the value of place, and the use of technologies old and new to engender community engagement, please drop us a line or stop by the website.
Best of Idea Lab
- The Difference Between 'Invention' and 'Innovation'
- The Pros and Cons of Using Kickstarter to Fundraise
- Former Facebook ME Dan Fletcher: 'It's a Great Time to Launch a New Publication'
- 4 Lessons for Journalism Students from the Digital Edge
- The Top 5 Ways to Help Survivors During a Disaster
- Lessons from the School of Data Journalism
- Can Citizen Journalism Move Beyond Crisis Reporting?
- Mona Lisa Stopped Smiling: A Conversation on the Phenomenology of News