Must Reads is MediaShift’s daily curation of the big stories about media and technology from across the web. Sign up here to get these delivered right to your inbox.
1. How Fake News Goes Viral: A Case Study (Sapna Maheshwari / New York Times)
2. Call It a ‘Crazy Idea,’ Facebook, But You Need an Executive Editor (Margaret Sullivan / Washington Post)
3. For the ‘New Yellow Journalists,’ Opportunity Comes in Clicks and Bucks (Terrence McCoy / Washington Post)
4. What Facebook’s Doing About Misinformation (Mark Zuckerberg / Facebook)
5. Fixation on Fake News Overshadows Waning Trust in Real Reporting (John Herrman / New York Times)
6. Email Newsletters Have a Measurement Problem (Lucia Moses / Digiday)